Thursday, December 27, 2012

Reflections- Moving towards my goals



Based on your reflections, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being optimal well being), where do you rate your A-physical well being, B-spiritual well-being, C-psychological well-being? Why?

I would rate myself as a 8.5  on the scale of optimal well being, I have a great physical well being, on a weekly basis I exercise at least twice a week, I would like to increase to three times a week on a consistent basis, and although it maybe a challenge to workout with the hustle and bustle of everyday life I remind myself that consistency increase strength.For the most part I enjoy working-out very much and attribute much of my energy to being fit.

 My spiritual well-being is a 10 I do not let things linger in my heart long without praying and releasing it to God, I'm not perfect so test and trials do come but I do not submit myself to the negative thoughts, actions, or situations when they arise. I realize that there is nothing possible without the guidance, strength, direction, and endurance that comes from My heavenly Father, so I set aside time daily to meditate, pray and read the promises of Gods word for my edification.
 
My psychological well-being I would have to say is a 8.5 although I trust and rely on my heavenly Father for everything there are still some areas where I fall short because I am human therefore I have to sometimes be motivated in this area to be more aware and  see beyond the problem that lye's before me and to believe that there is a alternative approach to seek out, and to be successful. 

Develop a goal for yourself in each area (physical, spiritual, psychological). I would like to establish a goal of being more effective in my workouts by utilizing more avenues for fitness and including another day to make a three day workout week. 

For my spiritual goals, I would say just to be more diligent is seeking God, by prayer, fasting, and reading the word of God, and speaking positive confession based on Gods word over those associated with me and my own life.

As far as my psychological goal I would have to say to utilize the techniques like  a witnessing mind- to be confidant in what capabilities are within me and not to let situations I go through cause me to react instead of trust, calm-abiding- to have more stillness is my mind and to think outside the box more, and unity-consciousness- which means simply an increase of awareness.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Shevy,

    Thanks for responding to my post. I have read your post and find you to be a very positive person. You seem to be very connected spiritually and I like your statement that you do not let things linger. Seeking god by prayer, fasting and meditation are great spiritual connections. I hope we can stay connected through this blog and develop our spirituality together.

    Dru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dru,

      Yes we can definitely stay connected throughout this journey and through this blog, I am looking forward to further conversations sharing what we learn. Thank you for responding to my post.

      Shevy

      Delete